Because of the continuing COVID-19 epidemic, The Jewish Genealogical Society of Tampa Bay’s March 13, 2022, meeting will be a virtual meeting held online using Zoom.
- Date: Sunday, March 13, 2022
- Time: Zoom sign in – 1:30 pm; Program – 2:00 PM
- Place: Zoom website – RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive sign-in instructions.
- Program (Webinar): Genealogy Collections in the Center for Jewish History’s Archives
- Speaker: Lizzi Meister, Public Programs Manager at the Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience
The Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience, located in New Orleans, opened in May 2021. Spanning 13 states and 300 years, the MSJE's core exhibition explores the diverse relationships, experiences, and environments encountered by Jewish communities in the American South. Lizzi Meister, Public Programs Manager at the museum, will discuss artifacts and stories from early Jewish immigrants as they navigated southern spaces to find and build communities. Learn how southern Jews maintained their identity and became part of the fabric of southern society.
Meister is originally from Milwaukee, Wisc., where she went to Jewish summer camp in the north woods and developed a love for engaging programming. Her love for the South came during her time as a Community Engagement Fellow in Jackson, Miss.. Before moving to New Orleans to work at the museum, Meister lived in Seattle, getting her Masters in Museology and working with a Jewish co-op.
For further information about this free program and how to attend it, contact Chris Burklund by email at email@example.com. An RSVP is required for security purposes to receive sign-in instructions. For more information about the Jewish Genealogical Society of Tampa Bay, go to http://www.jgstb.org/.