HOW TO WRITE EFFECTIVE COVER LETTERS, THANK-YOU NOTES, AND EMAILS
Well-composed written communication is an essential element in today’s job search process. Whether you’re writing a cover letter, sending a follow-up thank-you note or a targeted e-mail, your written words have the power to create a bridge between a company’s business needs and your skills, background, and experience. In this interactive workshop, you will have the opportunity to develop written communication that leaves a positive impression and makes you stand out from the crowd!
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, Career Strategist
- Develop written communication that will have a lasting impact
- Present a positive – and memorable – impression through your writing
What We Will Cover:
- Composing cover letters using a structured format
- Customizing cover letters to match a job description
- Fine-tuning accomplishment statements to demonstrate your value
- Developing a thank-you note with impact
- Inserting keywords into correspondence
- Analyzing and critiquing correspondence
Please bring your résumé, a relevant job description, and samples of your writing (such as cover letters and thank-you notes).
2¾ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.