Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition
Evening Series - Session 2 of 4
Strengthen Your Résumé & LinkedIn Profile
Select and Optimize Your References
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Switching Gears - Evening Series is a four-session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are (1) just beginning your career, (2) returning to the workforce after an absence, or (3) considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Session 2 - Outcomes:
• Enhance the key elements of your résumé.
• Imbue your résumé with the readability factor.
• Understand the essential components of a LinkedIn Profile.
• Develop a LinkedIn Summary that engages the reader.
• Select and customize your references.
Session 2 - What We Will Cover:
• The differences between a résumé and a LinkedIn Profile
• Making your résumé “robot-friendly”
• How to write an engaging Summary Statement for your résumé
• Ways to highlight your skills and accomplishments
• How to develop an engaging LinkedIn Title and Summary
• Contact and coach your references
Session 2 - Materials to Bring:
• Your résumé
• A copy of your LinkedIn Title and Summary
• Business cards (if you have them)
Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$15 guest fee per Switching Gears session
Free for TBJL program participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (813) 344-0200.