With over 85% of recruiters saying they are likely to use social media to source and screen candidates, knowing how to use LinkedIn effectively is an essential job search and networking tool. This workshop is a hand-on forum for exploring what LinkedIn is, why LinkedIn is used, what it allows you to do, how to set up your professional profile and practical ways to use LinkedIn in your search.
- Optimize your job search and expand your network using LinkedIn
- Improve and edit your professional profile
- Identify ways to use LinkedIn to articulate your value and to become more visible as a professional
- Understand the extensive research and networking capabilities of LinkedIn
What We Will Cover:
- The benefits of using LinkedIn
- Setting up an effective and complete LinkedIn profile
- Sending personalized connection requests
- Using LinkedIn as a job search, research, and networking tool
- Searching for jobs, people, and companies
- Finding, joining, and engaging in groups related to your job search and/or profession
Bring a laptop, power cord, and your LinkedIn account Username and
Workshop Length: 3½ hours
Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early. Workshops will begin and end on time.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, or those who are looking to enhance their networking skills.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call (813) 344-0200.
Dress: Business casual