CBI members are again being invited to deliver a Summer Sermonette on a topic of interest. Friday night messages traditionally follow the theme of "Glimpses Into Jewish History," and Saturday morning Sermonettes cover other ritually-related topics.
The current schedule, including available dates, is below:
- June 25: Betty Sue Shane - "The Ritchie Boys"
- June 26: Dr. Steve LeVine - "The Three Weeks"
- July 2: Mark Gottdiener - "Lesser Known Jews of the American West"
- July 3: Cantor Jonathan Schultz - "A Sermon in Song"
- July 9: Available
- July 10: Guest Speaker Karen Tashman, Topic TBD
- July 16: Available
- July 17: Eric Pastman - "A Light Among Nations"
- July 23: Available
- July 24: Available
- July 30: Available
- July 31: Valerie Hyman - "How We Were Jewish In The Time of COVID. Now What?"
- August 6: Available
- August 7: Available
We currently anticipate that Friday night messages will be delivered virtually, and the Saturday morning messages will be delivered in shul.
If you are interested in offering a Sermonette, please contact Morry Bornstein at email@example.com with your preferred date.