Are you looking for valuable, timely tools to help move your career forward? Learn the nuts and bolts of Informational Meetings and Advice Appointments. These targeted meetings will help you to (1) expand your network, (2) uncover potential work opportunities, (3) gain career clarity, and (4) obtain relevant, current information and advice. By participating in this interactive workshop, you will experience how to use these effective resources to expedite your career transition journey.
Facilitated by Amy Cleveland, TBJL Career Strategist
- Identify people within your network and within their network(s)
- Develop a template for conducting informational meetings and advice appointments
- Become more comfortable asking for and conducting these types of meetings and appointments
What We Will Cover:
- Learn how to set up an informational meeting or advice appointment
- Identify the types of information and/or advice you need
- Develop a personalized template to conduct informational meetings and advice appointments
- Learn to turn a conversation into a value-added meeting while expanding your network
- Uncover “hidden” job opportunities that are not posted online
- Ways to make you more marketable
- Write a follow-up note that communicates your understanding and appreciation
There are no special materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 2¾ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com below or call (813) 344-0200.