Targeted meetings, such as informational meetings and advice appointments, have the potential to connect you with individuals who can provide first-hand information about industries, trends, job titles, and skill sets. In addition, they can (1) expand your network, (2) uncover employment opportunities, and (3) increase clarity regarding your career path. By participating in this interactive workshop, you will experience ways to participate in and use these effective meetings to expedite your career transition journey.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, TBJL Career Strategist
- Identify people within your network and within their network(s)
- Develop a template for conducting informational meetings and advice appointments
- Become more adept at asking for and conducting these types of meetings and appointments
What We Will Cover:
- Learn how to set up an informational meeting or advice appointment
- Determine the types of information and/or advice you need
- Develop a personalized template to conduct informational meetings and advice appointments
- Guidelines to turn a conversation into a value-added meeting while expanding your network
- Uncover “hidden” job opportunities that are not posted online
- Ways to make you more marketable
- How to write a follow-up note that communicates your understanding and appreciation
There are no special materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 3 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Seating is limited to 18 participants. Please email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.