THE POWER OF INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS & ADVICE APPOINTMENTS
Learn ways to uncover “hidden” job opportunities by identifying people within your network and within their network(s). Then develop your own template for conducting informational meetings and advice appointments. In the process, you will become more comfortable asking for and conducting these types of meetings and appointments to move your career forward.
- Identify people within your network and within their network(s)
- Develop a template for conducting informational meetings and advice appointments
- Become more comfortable asking for and conducting these types of meetings and appointments
What We Will Cover:
- How to turn a conversation into a value-added meeting
- Ways to identify “hidden” job opportunities
- Identify people in your network to make initial contact
- How to appear more marketable as a job candidate
- How to set up a meeting from a referral source
- What types of information you can obtain these meetings and appointments
- Ways to make you more marketable
- Write a follow-up note that communicates your understanding and appreciation
There are no special materials required for this workshop.
Workshop Length: 2¾ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early. .
Who Should Attend:
Individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Dress: Business casual
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 344-0200.