Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition
Evening Series - Session 4 of 4
Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques
Compose Cover Letters, Thank You Notes & E-mails
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Switching Gears - Evening Series is a four-session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are (1) just beginning your career, (2) returning to the workforce after an absence, or (3) considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Session 4 - Outcomes:
• Recognize the different types of interviews.
• Increase you effectiveness in answering challenging interview questions.
• Make your written communication jump off the page.
• Develop targeted cover letters and e-mails.
Session 4 - What We Will Cover:
• How to answer the most-asked interview questions
• Asking questions during an interview that demonstrate your intelligence, curiosity, and experience
• Writing that gets attention and makes a positive impression
• Customizing your written correspondence
Session 4 - Materials to Bring:
• Your résumé
• Writing samples: cover letter, thank-you note (if you have them)
• Business cards (if you have them)
Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$15 guest fee per Switching Gears session
Free for TBJL program participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.