Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition – Evening Workshop Series Session 3 of 4
Conduct Informational Meetings
Target & Research Companies
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Dinner will be provided.
Switching Gears – Evening Workshops are a 4 session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant, and practical tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Supported by the Rooms To Go Foundation.
Session 3 – Outcomes:
- Develop a career-long networking strategy.
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts.
- Create a winning 30-second introduction.
- Discover the best methods to make connections, arrange, and conduct successful informational meetings.
- Develop a targeted company letter.
Session 3 – What We Will Cover:
- The myths and realities of networking
- The major networks and who’s in them
- Keys to successful networking
- Understand informational meetings and their benefit to job seekers
- Develop a script for informational meetings
- Where to find company information
Session 3 – Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- Business cards (if you have them)
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$50 for the entire 4-part series or $15 per Switching Gears session.
Free for TBJL program participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.