Switching Gears: A Roadmap for Career Transition
Evening Series - Session 3 of 4
Conduct Informational Meetings
Target and Research Companies
Attend the full series, or select individual sessions.
Switching Gears – Evening Series is a four-session series of 2-hour workshops targeted to individuals in career transition. Whether you are (1) just beginning your career, (2) returning to the workforce after an absence, or (3) considering a career change, it’s essential to plan for your future with current, relevant tools and strategies that are indispensable to remaining viable in today’s job market. These 4 sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be.
Session 3 - Outcomes:
• Develop a career-long networking strategy.
• Identify and prioritize your networking contacts.
• Create a winning 30-second introduction.
• Discover best methods to make connections, arrange, and conduct successful informational meetings.
• Develop a targeted company letter.
Session 3 - What We Will Cover:
• The myths and realities of networking
• The major networks and who’s in them
• Keys to successful networking
• Understand informational meetings and the benefit to job seekers
• Developing a script for informational meetings
• Where to find company information
Session 3 - Materials to Bring:
• Your résumé
• Business cards (if you have them)
Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist.
2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$15 guest fee per Switching Gears session
Free for TBJL program participants.
4100 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (813) 344-0200.