Even the thought of job interviews or informational meetings can be intimidating. However, through proper preparation, you can become a confident interviewee, a thoughtful listener, and someone who asks appropriate questions. Gain an inside look at the different types of interviews, learn to develop customized interview strategies, and have an opportunity to be videotaped and gain feedback on your live interview. Bring a job description along with an interview scenario, two copies of your résumé, and wear business attire.
- Understand and identify different types of interviews
- Be prepared to answer any type of interview question
- Ask questions based on your research, as well as from the interview itself
- Increase interviewee’s comfort level with the interview process
What We Will Cover:
- The characteristics of different types of interviews
- How to develop a strategy for each type of interview
- Understanding the expectations of the interviewer(s)
- Minimizing stress in a pressure situation
- Handling unexpected or challenging questions
- Selecting the best accomplishment statements during the interview
- The best answers to nearly 40 interview questions
- Selecting interview questions to ask
- Your résumé
- An applicable job description
- An interview scenario
Workshop Length: 6½ hours (plus a one-hour lunch break), plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Candidates who will be participating in job and/or informational interviews.
Cost to Attend:
Free for Program participants and $15 for guests.