Even the thought of job interviews or informational meetings can be intimidating. During this workshop, the focus is on preparing you to be a relaxed and confident interviewee, a thoughtful listener, as well as someone who asks appropriate questions. Each workshop attendee will be video-recorded during a practice interview scenario and will receive immediate, positive feedback from the facilitator and the other workshop participants.
• Understand and identify different types of interviews
• Be prepared to answer any type of interview question
• Ask questions based on your research, as well as from the interview itself
• Increase interviewee’s comfort level with the interview process
What We Will Cover:
• The characteristics of different types of interviews
• How to develop a strategy for each type of interview
• Understanding the expectations of the interviewer(s)
• Minimizing stress in a pressure situation
• Handling unexpected or challenging questions
• Selecting the best accomplishment statements during the interview
• The best answers to nearly 40 interview questions
• Selecting interview questions to ask
• Your résumé, an applicable job description, and an interview scenario
Workshop Length: 6½ hours (plus a one-hour lunch break)
• Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early. Workshops will begin and end on time.
Who Should Attend:
• Candidates who will be participating in job and/or informational interviews.
Cost to Attend:
• Free for Program participants and $15 for guests.
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (813) 344-0200.
Dress: Interview attire