Preparing for Your Interview
Even the thought of job interviews or informational meetings can be intimidating. During this workshop, the focus is on preparing you to be a relaxed and confident interviewee, a thoughtful listener, as well as someone who asks appropriate questions. Each workshop attendee will be video recorded during a practice interview scenario and will receive immediate, positive feedback from the facilitator and the other workshop participants.
- Understand and identify different types of interviews
- Be prepared to answer any type of interview question
- Ask questions based on your research, as well as from the interview itself
- Increase interviewee’s comfort level with the interview process
What We Will Cover:
- The characteristics of different types of interviews
- How to develop a strategy for each type of interview
- Understanding the expectations of the interviewer(s)
- Minimizing stress in a pressure situation
- Handling unexpected or challenging questions
- Selecting the best accomplishment statements during the interview
- The best answers to nearly 40 interview questions
- Selecting interview questions to ask
- Your résumé, an applicable job description, and an interview scenario
Workshop Length: 6 hours (plus a one-hour lunch break)
- Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early. Workshops will begin and end on time.
Who Should Attend:
- Candidates who will be participating in job and/or informational interviews.
Cost to Attend:
- Free for members and $15 for guests.
- Send an email to nikki@TBJL.org , or call (813) 344-0200.