Session II Topics:
- Manage Networking
- Conduct Informational Meetings
- Target and Research Companies
- Enhance Interviewing Skills & Techniques
- Compose Cover Letters, Thank You Notes & E-mails
The Job Search Boot Camp is a two-session series of participatory workshops targeted to individuals who are looking to jumpstart their job search and career transition. Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to learn current, relevant tools and strategies that are critical to today’s job search. These two sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be. Select one session or both sessions.
Session II - Outcomes:
- Develop a career-long networking strategy.
- Identify and prioritize your networking contacts.
- Create a winning 30-second introduction.
- Discover the best methods to make connections, arrange, and conduct successful informational meetings.
- Develop a targeted company letter.
- Recognize the different types of interviews.
- Increase your effectiveness in answering challenging interview questions.
- Make your written communication jump off the page.
- Develop targeted cover letters and e-mails.
Session II - What We Will Cover:
- The myths and realities of networking
- The major networks and who’s in them
- Keys to successful networking
- Understanding informational meetings and their benefit to job seekers
- How to develop a script for informational meetings
- Where to find company/organization information
- How to answer the most-asked interview questions
- How to formulate questions during an interview that demonstrate your intelligence, curiosity, and experience
- Ways to compose writing that gets attention and makes a positive impression
- How to customize your written correspondence
Facilitator: Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist.
Session II - Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- Business cards (if you have them)
- Writing samples: cover letter, thank-you note, e-mails (if you have them)
3 1/2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$15 for Session II only or $25 for both Sessions I & II.
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.