Session I Topics:
- Master Change & Transition
- Conduct Self-Assessments
- Develop Your Professional Brand
- Strengthen Your Résumé & LinkedIn Profile
- Select and Optimize Your References
The Job Search Boot Camp is a two-session series of participatory workshops targeted to individuals who are looking to jump-start their job search and career transition. Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, just beginning your career, returning to the workforce after an absence, or considering a career change, it’s essential to learn current, relevant tools and strategies that are critical to today’s job search. These two sessions cover the nuts and bolts of your career transition, at whatever stage you may be. Select one session or both sessions.
Session I Outcomes:
- Identify tools, techniques, and strategies to manage change and transition.
- Determine where you are in the transition process.
- Identify your work values, ideal job, and the most proficient of your skills that hold the highest interest.
- Articulate your unique skills, talents, strengths, and value proposition through your brand statement.
- Enhance the key elements of your résumé.
- Imbue your résumé with the readability factor.
- Understand the essential components of a LinkedIn Profile.
- Develop a LinkedIn Summary that engages the reader.
- Select and customize your references.
Session I What We Will Cover:
- The 3 phases of transition
- The link between change and transition
- What you need to successfully navigate change & the transition process that follows
- Identify your work values, skills, and interests
- The essential elements of a professional brand
- The 7 key ingredients in any brand statement
- The differences between a résumé and a LinkedIn Profile
- Making your résumé “robot-friendly”
- How to write an engaging Summary Statement for your résumé
- Ways to highlight your skills and accomplishments
- How to develop an engaging LinkedIn Headline and Summary
- Contact and coach your references
Facilitator: Robyn Winters, M.A., TBJL Career Strategist.
Session I - Materials to Bring:
- Your résumé
- A copy of your LinkedIn Headline and Summary
- Business cards (if you have them)
3 1/2 hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are in career transition, conducting a job search, considering changing careers; people returning to the workforce; people whose job search has stalled, or those who are at the early stages of their careers.
Cost to Attend:
$15 for Session I only or $25 for both Sessions I & II.
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Register below, or call (813) 344-0200.