With more than 85% of recruiters saying that they are likely to use social media to source and screen candidates, knowing how to use LinkedIn effectively is essential for your job search and for becoming more visible as a professional. This hands-on workshop presents an opportunity to explore why and how LinkedIn is used, and the fundamental as well as the newest features of LinkedIn. Please be sure to bring a laptop, power cord, and your LinkedIn account Username and Password.
Guest Presenter, Fritz Eichelberger, CEO, Recruiter, Head Hunter at HotSpaces.Net
- Improve and edit your professional LinkedIn profile
- Appreciate the importance of having a professional photo
- Identify ways to use LinkedIn to articulate your value and establish yourself as an expert
- Learn how to make yourself visible to recruiters on LinkedIn
- Uncover job opportunities
- Understand the extensive research, marketing, and networking capabilities of LinkedIn
What We Will Cover:
Why a professional presence on LinkedIn is essential in 2017
- Tips about profile do’s and don’ts
- What a professional photo is (and is not)
- The value of joining groups and sharing posts
- How to find jobs, and how to apply to them on LinkedIn
- How to present yourself as a qualified candidate, and how to handle employment gaps
- Leveraging your network
- The newest features on LinkedIn
Please bring a laptop, power cord, and your LinkedIn account Username and password.
1½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.