In today’s world of job search, customized résumés are essential. Customization can help beat the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) by using keywords from the job description, and gives qualified candidates a better chance of avoiding the “black hole” of online applications. This workshop focuses on ways to tailor your résumé to highlight the key components of a job description, and you will begin to develop portions of your own résumé that match the job requirements to perform a specific role. By using a hiring company’s own words and reflecting their needs within your accomplishment statements, and including relevant keywords, you may be viewed more easily as a qualified candidate, and one who stands out.
Presented by a TBJL Career Strategist
- Develop a version of your résumé that closely matches a job description
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve company/organizational problems
- Incorporate keywords in a logical way that is identified by search engines and scanners
What We Will Cover:
- How to tailor your résumé to the job description
- How to customize your summary to the key elements in a job description
- Ways to successfully modify accomplishment statements
- Analyze and assess job descriptions for what is most important
- Identify the keywords that will make your résumé stand out
- Determine what to include/exclude on your résumé
Please bring two copies of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed individuals looking to work in a professional environment and seeking relevant and practical information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path. This includes individuals in mid-career transition, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, recent college graduates launching their careers, and mature workers not ready or able to retire.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Out of consideration for other participants, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing fragrances, perfume, and cologne.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Seating is limited to 18 participants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (813) 344-0200.