This workshop focuses on ways to tailor your résumé to highlight the key components of a job description. By using a hiring company’s own words, reflecting the company’s needs within your accomplishments, and using relevant keywords, you will more easily be viewed as a qualified candidate, and one who stands out from the crowd. During this workshop, you will develop portions of a customized résumé for a specific job description that you’ve selected.
Facilitated by Robyn Winters, TBJL Career Strategist
- Develop a version of your résumé that closely matches a job description
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve company/organizational problems
- Incorporate keywords in a logical way that is identified by search engines and scanners
What We Will Cover:
- How to tailor your résumé to the job description
- How to customize your summary to the key elements in a job description
- Ways to successfully modify accomplishment statements
- Analyze and assess job descriptions for what is most important
- Identify the keywords that will make your résumé stand out
- Determine what to include/exclude on your résumé
Please bring two copies of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied or for which you are considering applying.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Unemployed and underemployed professionals, recent college graduates, women re-entering the workforce after a hiatus, military veterans transitioning to the civilian workforce, retired professionals returning to work, or any individuals in career transition looking for information or advice regarding the next steps in their job search or career path.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Full Program Participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.