This workshop focuses on ways to tailor your résumé to highlight the key components of a job description. By using a hiring company’s own words, reflecting the company’s needs within your accomplishments, and using keywords, you will be viewed as a more qualified candidate.
- Develop a version of your résumé that closely matches a job description
- Present your accomplishments as ways to solve problems
- Incorporate keywords in a logical way that is identified by search engines and scanners
What We Will Cover:
- How to tailor your résumé to the job title
- How to customize your summary to the key elements in a job description
- Ways to successfully modify accomplishment statements
- Analyzing and assessing job descriptions for what is most important
- Develop a master résumé to use as a basis for customized versions
- Identify the keywords that will make your résumé stand out
- Determine what to include/exclude on your résumé
Please bring two copies of your résumé and a recent job description for which you’ve applied
or for which you are considering applying.
Workshop Length: 2½ hours. Participants should plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals in career transition who are looking to increase the possibility that their résumé and/or cover letter will receive attention.
Cost to Attend:
Free for TBJL Program participants and $15 for guests.
Jack Roth Center for Career Development
4100 West Kennedy Blvd. Suite 206
Tampa, FL 33609
Email email@example.com, or call (813) 344-0200.